International Choral Festival Wales Virtual Choir Competition
Closing Date: 1 October, 2021
Terms and Conditions:
- To compete, each competing choir must submit a video of the choir singing one piece between 3-5 minutes to International Choral Festival Wales Ltd. using the online entry form available here
- Entires must be received no later than 12:00 on 1 October 2021. Entries which are shorter than 3 minutes or longer than 5 minutes will be penalised.
- Each competing choir can be any combination of voices (e.g. mixed, male, female) made up of at least 12 individuals of any age.
- Each competing choir may submit more than one entry. The entry fee (£25) is payable for each individual entry.
- The jury will consider each competing choir’s entry. Entries will be scored out of 100 marks. Entries attracting:
- 70-79 marks shall be awarded a Bronze Award,
- 80-89 marks shall be awarded a Silver Award,
- 90-100 marks shall be awarded a Gold Award.
- The jury’s decision and marks shall be final.
- Each competing choir shall be fully responsible for securing necessary copyright permissions for their individual entries.
- A competing choir may sing their piece acapella or with accompaniment.
- A competing choir’s video must include the face of every voice included in the performance.
- A competing choirs’ video should not include subtitles, trailers, watermarks or narration of any kind.
- A competing choir’s video may be a collage of individually filmed videos of choristers, a live performance or a combination thereof. The video must have been filmed in the period from 1 April 2020 to 1 October 2021.
- Each competing choir shall be responsible for ensuring that they have adhered to the public health protection requirements in place in their jurisdiction when producing their video.
- The Board of International Choral Festival Wales Ltd. reserves the right to disqualify competing choirs where they reasonably believe that a competing choir has failed to adhere to any of these terms and conditions.